Is Katrina Cassidy, P.C. a Surrogacy Agency?
No, Katrina Cassidy, P.C.* is a law firm which represents only Intended Parents. However, Katrina Cassidy, P.C. provides the same services as any surrogacy agency and much more as set out below.
What Experience Does Katrina Cassidy, P.C. Have In This Area?
The Katrina Cassidy, P.C. is owned by attorney, Katrina Cassidy. Ms. Cassidy is an experienced Texas attorney who has been practicing law in the Houston area for twenty-two years, with fifteen of those years being exclusively in the area of Gestational Surrogacy. Her previous legal experience has been in general civil litigation including practice in the areas of personal injury, insurance law, employment law and commercial litigation. For the past fifteen years her practice has focused exclusively on Assisted Reproductive Law. Katrina Cassidy’s Assisted Reproductive Law practice focuses specifically on assisting Intended Parents through the complete gestational surrogacy process. Katrina Cassidy has an insight and empathy into the process from the perspective of the Intended Parents that most attorneys or agencies handling surrogacy do not. This insight was gained through her personal experience with infertility and her own successful experiences as an Intended Parent in the gestational surrogacy process. Through her own successful experiences, Katrina Cassidy now seeks to guide other Intended Parents going the process of becoming parents through gestational surrogacy in an experienced, compassionate and affordable manner.
As part of her practice, Katrina Cassidy also represents Intended Parents requiring a legal review of donor agency agreements and preparation of Direct Intended Parent–Egg Donor Agreements and Known Embryo Donation Agreements.
Why Should I Go Through Katrina Cassidy, P.C. To Locate a Gestational Carrier Instead Of A Surrogacy Agency?
- Katrina Cassidy, P.C. is owned by an attorney, Katrina Cassidy, who has personally been an Intended Parent on multiple surrogacy journeys and understands the process from a personal viewpoint as well as a legal one.
- Katrina Cassidy, P.C. only represents the Intended Parents. (In the event of a dispute, a surrogacy agency will not represent either the Intended Parents or the Gestational Carrier). (See Legal Issues).
- Katrina Cassidy, P.C. represents the Intended Parents until the child is born and the final paperwork obtained.*
- Katrina Cassidy, P.C. always ensures that the Gestational Carrier has her own legal counsel unless she (and her husband if married) waives counsel.
- Because Katrina Cassidy, P.C. is owned by an attorney and is a law firm, Katrina Cassidy, P.C. is governed by the State Bar of Texas, specifically the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct, which regulate the business practices and conduct of all Texas attorneys and law firms. Accordingly, Katrina Cassidy, P.C. conducts its business under the highest codes of conduct. (Unless a surrogacy agency is owned by an attorney, they are not bound by any state or national regulatory authority).
- Katrina Cassidy, P.C. views each surrogacy journey as a legal process as well as medical process and strives to protect the Intended Parents by careful screening of all Gestational Carrier candidates, reviewing all available insurance coverage to ensure insurance coverage for the pregnancy, performing criminal background checks, coordinating and ensuring completion of the psychological and medical screening process, and completion of all legal documents and orders to ensure an enforceable agreement. Her representation continues until the end of the process for each set of clients. Ms. Cassidy will help navigate any health insurance disputes, questions from hospital administration regarding the surrogacy pregnancy delivery, disputes, if any, between the Intended Parents and the gestational carrier, and other third parties such as state agencies which issue birth certificates.
- Katrina Cassidy, P.C. insists on treating all parties involved in the process with dignity, respect, courtesy and compassion.
- Intended Parents need not have multiple parties involved but may have one service provider perform the surrogacy match and legal services from beginning to end.
- Katrina Cassidy, P.C. offers the same or more competitive fees and services to Gestational Carrier candidates as any surrogacy agency and is competitive in the recruitment of excellent candidates.
- Katrina Cassidy, P.C. encourages direct contact between the Intended Parents and Gestational Carrier early on in the process to enable the parties to build a relationship.
Katrina Cassidy, P.C. d/b/a Katrina Cassidy, P.C. has provided the information in this brochure for informational purposes only. The information does not constitute legal advice. The use of this site does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please contact Katrina Cassidy, P.C. if you wish to discuss in more detail the contents of this brochure.
If you’re an Intended Parent in Texas, nationwide or internationally based who wants to learn more about Gestational Surrogacy, schedule a free, 30 minute initial consultation today!