Gestational Carrier Information
Gestational Carriers are women who make the wonderful decision to carry a child on behalf of another person or couple. Gestational Carriers are different from what most people think of as traditional gestational carriers because they have no genetic link to the child they are carrying. Women choose to become Gestational Carriers for many different reasons, but the primary reason is usually a strong desire to help others to experience the joy of having a child.
How Do I Become a Gestational Carrier?
The surrogacy process can be a life changing and exciting experience like no other. You are part of a team designed to do a very important job-help build a family! Once a woman is interested in becoming a gestational carrier, she should investigate the basic requirements, research the process, and look at the different compensation and bonus structures being offered. It is important to note that a gestational carrier can contact and list with more than one agency or locator and is not usually contractually bound to only list with one agency or locator.
Get Matched With Intended
Parents That are Right for You
We have wonderful, loving intended parents waiting for their dreams to become a reality. The matching process is based on personality, location, decision making requirements and other important factors that YOU care about.
We Help You Through Every Step of The Way
We will be here for you throughout your journey from helping you to get matched with an intended parent to helping you find legal counsel to make sure your rights are protected. Our gestational carriers will be represented by their own counsel!
Common Questions from
Potential Gestational Carriers often have many questions about how surrogacy works, what to expect, and what role Katrina Cassidy, as a Texas surrogacy lawyer, plays in the process.
Is Katrina Cassidy, P.C. a Surrogacy Agency?
Katrina Cassidy, P.C.* is a law firm which represents only Intended Parents. However Katrina Cassidy, P.C. offers the same services and more competitive fees than any surrogacy agency and much more as set out below. We also always ensure all Gestational Carriers have their own counsel of their choice which is paid for by the Intended Parents.
What Experience Does Katrina Cassidy, P.C. Have In Gestational Surrogacy?
The Katrina Cassidy, P.C. is owned by attorney, Katrina Cassidy. Ms. Cassidy is an experienced Texas attorney who has been practicing law in the Houston area for twenty years. Her previous legal experience has been in general civil litigation including practice in the areas of personal injury, insurance law, employment law and commercial litigation. For the past eleven years her practice has focused exclusively on Assisted Reproductive Law. Katrina Cassidy’s Assisted Reproductive Law practice focuses specifically on assisting Intended Parents through the complete gestational surrogacy process. Katrina Cassidy has an insight and empathy into the process from the perspective through her personal experience with infertility and her own successful experiences as an Intended Parent in the gestational surrogacy process.
Why Should I Go Through Katrina Cassidy, P.C. To Match With Intended Parents Instead Of A Surrogacy Agency?
- Katrina Cassidy, P.C. only works with Gestational Carriers in Texas. All of its clients are either from Texas or are working with IVF Physicians in Texas. You will never have to leave your family to travel out of state or out of the country.
- Katrina Cassidy, P.C. offers the same or more competitive compensation and benefits to Gestational Carrier candidates as any surrogacy agency and is competitive in the recruitment of excellent candidates. (Please see Carrier Compensation Schedule).
- Katrina Cassidy, P.C. encourages direct contact between the Intended Parents and Gestational Carrier immediately after meeting and all parties decide to move forward to enable the parties to build a relationship.
- Katrina Cassidy, P.C. does not represent Intended Parents with a felony conviction or conviction for any sexual offense.
- Katrina Cassidy, P.C. insists on the treatment of all parties involved in the process with dignity, respect, courtesy and compassion.
- Each Gestational Carrier will be assigned a case worker and will also have a close working relationship with Katrina Cassidy throughout the process. The same people are available to address all your concerns and needs.
- Katrina Cassidy, P.C. only represents the Intended Parents however we always ensure that the Gestational Carrier (and her husband if married) has her own legal counsel unless they waive counsel. (In the event of a dispute, a surrogacy agency will try to facilitate but they will generally not formally represent either the Intended Parents or the Gestational Carrier).
- Katrina Cassidy, P.C. is present during the entire process until the child is born, the final paperwork obtained, and all bills, including all medical bills are paid.
- Katrina Cassidy, P.C. has been in operation since 2004 and has an excellent reputation among the medical professionals and Gestational Carriers in the reproductive and surrogacy community. (References are available).
- Katrina Cassidy, P.C. is owned by an attorney, Katrina Cassidy, who, with her husband, has personally been an Intended Parent on two surrogacy journeys. She understands and appreciates the process from a personal viewpoint as well as a legal one.
- Because Katrina Cassidy, P.C. is owned by an attorney and is a law firm, Katrina Cassidy, P.C. is governed by the State Bar of Texas, specifically the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct, which regulate the business practices and conduct of all Texas attorneys and law firms. Accordingly Katrina Cassidy, P.C. conducts its business under the highest codes of conduct. (Unless a surrogacy agency is owned by an attorney, they are not bound by any state or national regulatory authority).
Will I Have To Travel?
You will never have to travel out of Texas. If however you do not live in the same city as the Intended Parents, there may be some travel involved at least initially for the screening, legal and embryo transfer. In the second trimester you will see your own local OB for pre-natal care. The IVF Physician will usually keep a Gestational Carrier as a patient up to about 10-12 weeks gestation. Then, the IVF Physician would discharge you as a patient and you would then see your own local OB for the rest of the pregnancy and delivery.